Merlinsoft and Merlin Tickets ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information secure.
This policy describes how we use the personal information collected from you in connection with your receipt of our products and Services (the "Services") and when you interact with our websites and apps (together, the "websites").
This policy applies to you if you contract with us to receive the Services or otherwise interact with us regarding your use or potential use of the Services. It also applies if you interact with us by using our websites or interacting with us via social media.
In terms of data processing, we create a distinction between the owners of our ticketing platform (our "customers"), who assume within their obligations the role of data controller; and the "end-user", defined as an individual who utilises a Merlin Tickets website to create an order with our customers.
Our customers have the sole rights to process information collected from the end-users on the Merlin Tickets platform, and have the legal responsibility to tell their customers, the end-users, how their information will be collected and used.
Merlinsoft reserves the right to access data collected on the Merlin Tickets platform for the sole purpose of ensuring the delivery of our Services.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you
- Information that you provide to us. We collect information from you when you fill in forms on https://www.Merlintickets.co.uk/ or http://www.Merlinsoft.co.uk/, register as a customer on https://Merlindemo.Merlintickets.co.uk/, fill out our customer surveys, email or call us directly in relation to our Services, or report a problem with our websites. This information may include:
- Your name and company name
- Your address
- Your email address and phone number
- Details of queries, transactions, communications, requirements, opinions and complaints provided to us through direct communication or our websites.
Information collected about your visit to our website.
With regard to each of your visits to our websites, we may automatically collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, and resources used. We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
When invoices are chargeable for our paid service, we may require payment details to process payments. Where this is the case, we will use third party payment processors. We do not store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
How and on which basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enter into and perform our contracts, including to:
- Provide you with information or Services that you request from us
- Provide you with access to the Services
- To determine your eligibility for our Services
- To provide you with information about our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services; and
- To notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your information to comply with our legal obligations, including:
- To comply with our money laundering obligations
- To comply with mandatory requests for the disclosure of your personal information, including in circumstances of suspected fraudulent activity
We may additionally use your information to fulfil our legitimate business interest. Such purposes include:-
- Ensuring content from our website is presented in the most effective manner
- Statistical reviews to optimise and troubleshoot website performance
- Carrying out re-targeting advertising
- Measuring the effectiveness of our Services
- Analysing website viewing habits and behaviour flows
- Sending newsletters about the services you are receiving, future developments, and news pertaining to Merlinsoft and Merlin Tickets.
- To provide you with information about services and products that are similar or related to those you have already purchased or enquired about.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties when it is absolutely necessary. Such situations may be:-
In pursuit of unpaid debts, when internal collection processes have proven unsuccessful for a period exceeding 90 days, wherein it has become necessary to externalise debt recovery.
In the event that Merlinsoft & Merlin Tickets are acquired by said third party.
When we have a duty to disclose personal information held to comply with legal obligations.
How we hold and protect your personal information
All information held by us is stored on secure servers, and in cases where this is available online, information is protected by controlled credentials and SSL technology.
While the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our retention of your personal information
The durations for which your information is stored on our records depends on why the information was collected and what we use it for. We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
For users of our Services, this means that personal information may be kept on record for up to 24 months after the termination of our services, in order to facilitate continuity and proactivity in future communications.
Some account information will be held for 6 years from your last recorded use of the services prior to deletion for accounting purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise this right by emailing email@example.com, by replying "unsubscribe" to any communications sent by a Merlinsoft or Merlin Tickets representative, or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any newsletter received.
You have the right to deletion, where this does not affect our ability to provide, or receive remuneration for our Services. In addition, you have the right to amend or update the information held by us about you to ensure the information is relevant, accurate and up to date. You may also update your marketing preferences at any time.
You have the right to request the data we hold about you, to be receivable by you or a third party of your choosing. Where such data is requested, we have an obligation to submit this in a reasonable timescale in a recognisable format.
If you are unsatisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.